Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $50,0000 - $60,000
This position is located in Tallahassee, Florida.
Organizational Summary: This project is funded through a grant from the Florida Department of Education and is administratively housed in the Department of Psychological and Social Foundations, of the College of Education, on the Tampa campus of the University of South Florida. The Department houses five academic areas: College Student Affairs, Counselor Education, and School Psychology, which are graduate-degree programs, and Educational Psychology and Social Foundations of Education, which are academic support programs, but do not offer degrees. The Department includes approximately 25 faculty, plus a Department Chair on the Tampa campus, as well as several faculty on the Lakeland and Sarasota campuses. The Department offers courses directly relating to its degree-granting programs, as well as courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels for students across the University.
Position Summary: The Project MTSS Liaison position is responsible for collaborating, communicating, disseminating and providing leadership to facilitate the integration of the Multi-Tier System of Supports (MTSS) within the Florida Department of Education and across appropriate state agencies. Specifically, the position will be responsible for the integration of MTSS in the area of reading instruction. In addition, this position will communicate and disseminate information regarding the MTSS to other state and federal education agencies, national RtI dissemination projects and appropriate state and national professional associations.Responsibilities:
- Serve on FDOE leadership teams as a representative of the MTSS project
- Provide technical assistance and training regarding the MTSS project within the FDOE
- Serve on the Inter-Project Leadership Team to facilitate communication and collaboration with the FDOE and other agencies as appropriate
- Develop "white papers" and communication memoranda to facilitate collaboration with the FDOE and appropriate state and federal agencies and develop collaborative relationships with new groups/agencies
- Serve as the communications liaison between the MTSS project and other state and national entities
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a Master's degree in Communication, Education, Adult Education, or related field. Certain grants and programs may also have specific education and/or certification requirements specific to the subject matter area of the program.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with the integration of reading instruction within a MTSS, including specially designed instruction for students with disabilities.
- Experience at the school or district level collaborating across general, special, supplemental instruction providers to provide integrated instruction.
- Experience with the critical elements of MTSS, including problem-solving, data evaluation, tiers of delivery, communication/collaboration, leadership and capacity building.
- Experience with the use of technology to promote academic success, universal design for learning (UDL), personalized instruction and similar supports.
Directions to apply for this position:
- Go to Careers@USF at http://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/index.aspx
- Scroll down and click on Access Careers@USF.
- On the Welcome to Careers@USF page, click Search Jobs Now.
- Click Advanced Search.
- At Job Opening ID, enter 11316, and click Search.
- Select MTSS Liaison for a detailed job description.
- Click the Apply button to begin your application.